I'm looking into DISH Network and TurboHD as my only real alternative to Time Warner and had a few questions for those who know or might have it themselves:
1. Is it right that you can opt out of the 24-month contract if you pay the activation fee? In that case, if I'm only in my apartment for six more months, could I cancel at that time?
2. They say they can't install a dish on the third or higher floors. There are "technically" three floors on my building and I'm on the highest floor. On my south-facing wall, there are only two floors visible (the lowest level is half built into the ground at the back and fully in the front). Would this preclude me from getting a dish?
3. Looking at other dish installations nearby, they seem to like going through the wall air conditioner slip rather than drilling a hole through the wall. Is there any downside to this? Is this "code legal"?
4. If I pay the activation in lieu of a contract, is the equipment still free or will I have to buy stuff?
5. If I have to have them mount the dish on a pole at ground level in lieu of them attaching it to the wall, is that covered under the free installation or will I get charged for that?
6. What are the better local resellers/installers I should go through?