IR extender for TWC 8300HDC DVR

FoxCitiesTV's picture
FoxCitiesTV
Green Bay
administrator

A few years ago when I had Time Warner, I purchased an IR extender cable from Scientific Atlanta to use with my DVR. I had both an SD and HD DVR at the time, and I remember using it with the SD DVR but not yet with the HD DVR.

Has anyone else used one of these IR extenders on an 8300HD or 8300HDC DVR from Time Warner? I'm scheduled for a Time Warner install on Thursday and the place I have my TV located is very limited for placement of the DVR. I'd love to put it behind my LCD HDTV and use the IR extender if it works.

Posted January 12, 2009 10:36am in
jason54915's picture
 #

Mark: I have heard of

Mark:

I have heard of people doing this, weather or not it is with the HD DVR I do not know... make sure you try this and let me know what happens, I am VERY interested in knowing weather or not this works.

To comment on this story, please log in.  If you don't have an account, sign up for one.  It's free!

Recent Comments

TVfan1987: Time Warner Cable changed it's name to Spectrum Cable following the Charter merger.
on Time Warner subscribers to go to Charter, not...
Sunday, September 3 @ 6:07 pm
TVfan1987: WBAY is now owned by Gray Television.
on WBAY parent Young Broadcasting to merge with...
Sunday, September 3 @ 5:31 pm

Poll

In light of Time Warner's new "modem lease fee" for Road Runner, will you buy your own modem?:

New Members

kelcal2k1's picture
kelcal2k1
Appleton
GEOPTION57's picture
GEOPTION57
KAUKAUNA
chipdalemc's picture
chipdalemc
Wittenberg, WI
unreal2k5's picture
unreal2k5